Forum » General » Support » a 3.00 ERA in two starts this season.

a 3.00 ERA in two starts this season.

• MILWAUKEE -- The Pittsburgh Pirates are starting to get comfortable at Miller Park. Wholesale Sharks Jerseys .Pinch-hitter Gregory Polanco had a tiebreaking three-run double as the Pirates rallied from four runs down to beat the Brewers 9-6 Saturday night, giving Pittsburgh three straight wins in Milwaukee for the first time since 2013.Pittsburgh still is just 20-64 at the Brewers ballpark since 2007, but has a chance for a four-game sweep in the series finale on Sunday.I said before we left (for Milwaukee) that we were due, Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle said. Its very refreshing to come here and do it the way that we did it tonight. We have a gritty team.Polanco doubled off reliever Blaine Boyer (1-3) with one-out in the sixth, giving the Pirates a 9-6 lead that stood.I was trying to put a good swing on the ball, Polanco said. Were fighting, every pitch.Hernan Perez homered twice for Milwaukee, with a three-run homer during a four-run first, and a solo shot leading off the third that put the Brewers ahead 5-1. It marked the first time since June 24 that Pirates starter Jameson Taillon allowed more than three earned runs.Taillon lasted just three innings, his shortest outing of the season after going at least six innings in each of his last eight starts. He gave up five runs and seven hits, while walking two and striking out three.Everything seemed to be up. It wasnt a sharp outing for him, Hurdle said. Hes been pretty sharp since hes been here and has picked us. Tonight the guys were able to pick him up.Pittsburgh scored five runs in the fourth against Jimmy Nelson to take a 6-5 lead. Pinch-hitter John Jaso, Josh Harrison, Josh Bell and Andrew McCutchen all drove in runs in the inning to chase Nelson.However, Brewers reliever Tyler Cravy -- who had replaced Nelson -- homered off Jeff Locke (9-7) to open the bottom of the inning for his first major league hit.Neftali Feliz got the last three outs for his second save in four attempts. He retired Ryan Braun on an infield chopper with two on in the ninth. The call stood after a two-minute review.Starling Marte had an RBI double in the first to give the Pirates a 1-0 lead.GRAB A TOWELThe beach towels distributed to fans as they arrived at the ballpark came in handy during a third-inning downpour. The rain also prompted the closing of the retractable roof.TRAINERS ROOMPirates: General manager Neal Huntington said after the game that a second opinion would be sought on the ailing right elbow of pitcher Gerrit Cole. He made us aware after his last start that he had a little bit of discomfort. Hell need a second opinion sometime in this coming week so hell miss at least his next start. We expect Steven Brault to make the start in his place. ... Polanco didnt start in order to get rest. ... RHP Tyler Glasnow (shoulder), who threw three scoreless innings at Double-Altoona on Monday, tossed three more scoreless innings in a rehab start on Saturday for Triple-A Indianapolis.Brewers: 3B Jonathan Villar was out of the starting lineup. Manager Craig Counsell said he made the move to give Villar a rest, not because he committed two errors in Friday nights game. ... RHP Junior Guerra, on the disabled list with right elbow inflammation, pitched 3 1/3 scoreless innings in rehab start for Triple-A Colorado Springs Saturday at Oklahoma City. ... 3B Will Middlebrooks (right leg) started a rehab assignment at Double-A Biloxi on Saturday.UP NEXTPirates: Ivan Nova (3-0, 3.20 ERA) has wins in three of his first four starts with after being acquired from the New York Yankees on Aug. 1. Nova, who pitched a complete game in his last start against Houston on Tuesday, will make his first career start against Milwaukee.Brewers: Chase Anderson (7-10, 4.99) is 3-0 with a 3.00 ERA over his last six starts. He is 1-1 with a 4.63 ERA in five career starts against the Pirates, including 1-0 with a 3.00 ERA in two starts this season. Cheap San Jose Sharks Jerseys . - Derek Wolfe says hes finally healthy after suffering a seizure in November that doctors now believe was related to the spinal cord injury he suffered in the preseason. Adidas Brent Burns Jersey . Mickelson barely made the cut but had the best round of the day with nine birdies and an eagle coupled with two bogeys to sit two shots behind leader Craig Lee of Scotland. Lee shot a 69 for a 12-under 204 total. "I just love the fact I am in contention and have an opportunity in my first tournament of the year here in Abu Dhabi," Mickelson said. http://www.cheapsharksjerseys.com/ . The lawyers filed a 33-page amended complaint Tuesday in federal court in Manhattan, expanding on the suit originally filed Oct. 3 in New York Supreme Court. Arbitrator Fredric Horowitz last week refused to compel Selig to testify in the grievance, and Rodriguez then walked out of the hearing without testifying.Greg Rutherford admits he is very disappointed after being forced to pull out of Saturdays Indoor Grand Prix in Glasgow. The Olympic and world long jump champion, who broke the British indoor record with a leap of 8.26 metres in Albuquerque earlier this month, has revealed a small muscle tear put paid to his chances of competing at the Emirates Arena.Speaking to Sky Sports News HQ he said: We are  doing everything we possibly can to make sure it heals quickly and I am seeing my physio daily to get on with that. Im very, very disappointed to not be jumping this weekend - it was going to be a fantastic competition. Glasgow has some special memories for me with the Commonwealth Games and everything else.It would have been nice to have been there, but these things happen and ultimately Ive got an Olympic Games to think about and I cant do anything silly.The 29-year-old was due to face Paralympic long jump champion Markus Rehm and the head-to-head had been highly anticipated. The German Paralympian hopes to compete in this summers Olympics, but will need to prove he does not gain any advantage with his prosthetic blade. Greg Rutherford speaks to Sky Sports News after becoming only the fifth British athlete in history to hold all four major titles at the same time In 2014, Rehm became the first athlete with an impairment to compete in the final of an event at the able-bodied German Championships, winning the long jump with a distance of 8. Adidas Martin Jones Jersey. 24m.Rutherford described Rehms achievements as out of this world and believes his determination to compete at the Olympics is great for his event and sport.We are all thinking it will be great if he has an opportunity, he added. We just have to wait and see. Theres obviously all the controversy about testing it and everything else.Ultimately I think hes just an athlete who wants to get out there and do as well as he possibly can. If they go through all the formalities and its all great, then maybe Ill see him at the Olympics. Also See: Results & Medal Table Photo Galleries Team GB Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
      January 14, 2018 5:22 PM PST